Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Night

This past Friday the Site Specific class that I am in currently had our The Night show/tour combination.  I had the main components ready by Friday morning: arduino with sounds and IR sharp, power relay, lamp, two speakers, and two extension cords.  Not wanting to set up too early and risk someone getting too curious about the glowing bench on their way to Bucksbaum, I waited until 4:00pm to set up, a whole three hours before the show's start.  In my mind that was plenty of time.

I was wrong.

I finished at 6:55pm.  That was with a ton of help from Miles and Miriam since I ended up needing longer wires, a capacitor, a power strip, and had to change the code three times to make sure that the IR sharp would trigger when someone walked past it.

In the end, I was happy with how it ended up!  The blue light looked beautiful on the tree branches.



No comments:

Post a Comment